The City of Borger relies on dumpsters for most of its municipal waste management. Some of these dumpsters are prominent features in public spaces, notably at parks and along south Main Street. The Make Borger Beautiful Committee wants to beautify these dumpsters to improve the appearance of our public spaces encourage interest and participation in art and promote more responsible attitudes and behaviors towards waste management in our community.
Make your art part of our community!
Make sure to stay updated on the Make Borger Beautiful Facebook and this website page to find out when our next contest is. The first contest was completed on October 31st, 2019 and Borger High School artist Kayli Spickes was selected the winner! See her artwork below, and read on to find details for all future contests.
Dumpster Art Contest
The City purchases several hundred new dumpsters every year and they are approved in the annual budget process. 3 time a year, 6 dumpsters will be selected for beautification. This is a total of 18 new dumpster a year to be utilized for this beautification project. These special dumpsters will be used in the most visible public spaces in our city. Make Borger Beautiful is encouraging all citizens to participate in the beautification of these dumpsters by having a contest where design submissions are accepted and entered into a contest for cash prizes.
The dates of the contests will be announced on this website and Facebook, the first contest ended October 31st, 2019. However, if you would still like to submit a design to be considered at a later time, please contact the Make Borger Beautiful Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or the City's Communications Manager at email@example.com .
- Winners will receive a cash prize and will paint their design on a dumpster
- Entry forms are available at City Hall and The Hutchinson County Historical Museum.
- The City will provide a work space for the painting
- All copyrighted, divisive, or offensive content will be disqualified
- Entries will be numbered and the contestant's name and number recorded separately, so judges won't know who created the proposed artwork
- The first contest's deadline is October 31, 2019. All entries must be received at the Hutchinson County Historical Museum no later than 5:00 p.m on designated deadline date of contest.