Important Election Dates:
- January 18, 2023 - First day to file for a place on the ballot
- January 18, 2023 - First day for filing write-in candidacy
- February 17, 2023 - Last day to file for a place on the ballot
- February 22, 2023 - Last day for filing write-in candidacy
- February 23 - 27, 2023 - Drawing for order of names on the ballot
- February 25, 2023 - Last day to withdraw from the election and have name omitted from the ballot
- April 24, 2023 - First day of early voting
- May 2, 2023 - Last day of early voting
- May 6, 2023 - ELECTION DAY
The City Secretary is the election official and oversees the administration of City Elections to ensure compliance with all city, state, and federal election laws and policies and to ensure the city elections are conducted in a fair and impartial manner.
The City Secretary is the Early Voting Clerk for all city, school, college, and hospital district elections.
It is the goal of the City Secretary's Office to facilitate the election process. Please contact us at (806) 273-0902 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org if we can be of further service.
City of Borger Election Clerk’s contact information:
Stella E. Sauls
P.O. Box 5250
Borger, TX 79008-5250
Current elected officers for the City of Borger are as follows:
Mayor Karen Felker
Mayor Pro-Tem Milton R. Ooley
Robert L. Lawrence
Eligibility Requirements per Election Code
§11.11. General Eligibility Requirements
- Standard requirements. In accordance with the standard eligibility requirements for a city office, a candidate must:
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election;
- not have been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
- totally mentally incapacitated;
- partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote:
- not have been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the city or in the district or ward, as applicable, for six months (City of Borger requires 1 yr. residency) immediately preceding the deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot (for a write-in candidate, preceding the date of the election);
- be a registered voter in the territory from which the office is elected as of the date of the filing deadline for a candidate’s place on the ballot (for a write-in candidate, as of the date of the election). [EC § 141.001(a)].