- Public Engagement
Welcome to Borger! Here, we are dedicated to engaging with our community and fostering meaningful connections, that help encourage quality of life. We believe that effective public engagement is critical to building a vibrant and sustainable community. That's why we work tirelessly to provide opportunities for our community members to get involved in projects, programs, and initiatives that align with their interests and values, and that facilitate the City's vision and mission.
Our commitment to public engagement is rooted in our belief that everyone deserves a voice and an opportunity to participate in shaping the community around them. We are committed to listening to our community and using their feedback to drive positive change. Have an idea that you'd like to see come to life? REACH OUT! We can't wait to work with you!
What we do
The City of Borger Public Engagement function is part of the Administrative Services Division of the City. The Public Engagement Coordinator serves as the main resource for managing public communications and community engagement activities. These efforts include:
- Creating the annual report.
- Serves as a resource in identifying potential public relations issues and collaborate on strategic solutions.
- Write and distribute press releases; maintain media contacts and manage media relations with news channels.
- Serve as the media representative of the City with print, broadcast and online media; serve as a spokesperson for the City in media interviews as needed.
- Manage the City’s website/content management system
- Manage all general City social media accounts; coordinate social media plans, create and curate content for publishing and advise City management and Council on social media best practices.
- Implement and manage marketing and communications plans and strategies for City related information.
- Digital and print content creation for all official City communication channels.
- Coordinate City events and event marketing to assist in implementing City Council's vision.
- Assist all departments with special events planning and coordination, photography, videography and other related media activities.
- Provide crisis communication support for emergency events, including print, broadcast, and electronic.
- Provides project and event coordination for the functions of the Borger Youth Advisory Council (BYAC) and the Make Borger Beautiful Committee, acting as the official liaison between City Council and City departments and these boards.