Office of City Manager
The City Manager's Office handles the general administration of the City and executes the polices and objectives of the City Council. The City Manager is directly responsible to the Mayor and the City Council and oversees the day-to-day operation of the City by coordinating all City Department activities and function.
The City Manager's Office also conducts and manages all special projects and high level planning functions of the City to achieve the mission, vision and strategic pillars established by the City Council.
City Manager's Responsibilities:
- Continue to improve quality and accountability of services provided by the City.
- Effectively and efficiently implement and administer the policies, vision and pillars of the City Council.
- Continuously strive to provide effective, efficient, friendly and responsive customer service.
- Advise City Council on methods of responding to community needs.
- Ensure responsible organization and fiscal management.
Assistant City Manager's Responsibilities:
The Assistant City Manager assists the City Manger with the day-to-day operation of the City and also serves as the Director of Planning and Development. In addition, the following Departments report directly to the Assistant City Manager:
- Public Works
- Human Resources
- Emergency Management / Information Technology
- Planning and Development
The Assistant City Manager also manages special projects to achieve the goals, vision and pillars established by the Council.
Assistant to the City Manager's Responsibilities:
The Assistant to the City Manager supports the City Manager's Office and City Departments by providing complex analytical and administrative functions. This position ensures coordination and communication between departments and works to improve efficiency. The key responsibilities of the Assistant to the City Manager include:
- Provides operational assistance by managing special projects and initiatives as requested by the City Manager's Office and/or City Council to include research, data collection, meetings with key stakeholders and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Follows up on complex issues that require executive leadership and direction ensuring that expectations and deadlines are met.
- Assists with budget preparation to include coordination of the development and maintenance of performance measures.
- Assists the City Manager's Office and City departments in the resolution of complex Citizens issues.
Current Special Projects and Planning:
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone
- Updated Comprehensive Plan
- Pavement Grade Study
- Communication / Marketing Program