Office of City Manager
The City Manager's Office handles the general administration of the City and executes the policies and objectives of the City Council. The City Manager is directly responsible to the Mayor and the City Council and oversees the day-to-day operation of the City by coordinating all City Department activities and functions.
The City Manager's Office also conducts and manages all special projects and high-level planning functions of the City to achieve the mission, vision, and strategic pillars established by the City Council.
City Manager's Responsibilities:
- Continue to improve the quality and accountability of services provided by the City.
- Effectively and efficiently implement and administer the policies, vision, and pillars of the City Council.
- Continuously strive to provide effective, efficient, friendly, and responsive customer service.
- Advise City Council on methods of responding to community needs.
- Ensure responsible organization and fiscal management.
The following Department's report directly to the City Manager:
- Emergency Management
- Public Works
Assistant City Manager's Responsibilities:
The Assistant City Manager assists the City Manager with the day-to-day operation of the City. The Assistant City Manager supports the City Manager's Office and City Departments by providing complex analytical and administrative functions. In addition, the following Departments report directly to the Assistant City Manager:
- Administrative Services
- Human Resources
- Planning & Development
- Code Enforcement
- City Secretary
- Municipal Court
- Public Relations & Communications
The Assistant City Manager also manages special projects to achieve the goals, vision, and pillars established by the Council.
This position ensures coordination and communication between departments and works to improve efficiency. Some responsibilities of the Assistant City Manager include:
- Provides operational assistance by managing special projects and initiatives as requested by the City Manager's Office and/or City Council to include research, data collection, meetings with key stakeholders, and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Follows up on complex issues that require executive leadership and direction ensuring that expectations and deadlines are met.
- Assists with budget preparation to include coordination of the development and maintenance of performance measures.
- Assists the City Manager's Office and City departments in the resolution of complex Citizens issues.