Johnson Park Youth Center Complex
The City of Borger is proud to provide the new, Johnson Park Youth Center Complex, for your enjoyment. The City of Borger is committed to conducting its recreation programs and activities in the safest manner possible and holds the safety of participants in the highest possible regard.
- Fees - $2 per person
- Children under the age of 10 will require adult supervision
The Johnson Park Swimming Pool operates seasonally, usually opening on the first Saturday and June and Closing on the 3rd Saturday in August. Dates will be updated on this page each year.
Hours Of Operation
- Opening day: Thursday, June 13th, 2021, weather permitting
- Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat: 1 to 7 p.m.
- Mon & Thu: 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- The swimming pool will be closed on July 4, 2021
- Children under the age of 10 years old will require adult supervision.
- Children less than 48 inches tall will not be allowed go down the new Yellow slide
for their safety. Office staff will measure children; children less than 48 inches
will have a red wristband put on their wrist that will notify lifeguards.
Weather & Refunds
- The City Pool has a no refund policy due to rainy or cold weather; Please do not ask for refunds once you have entered the pool; we have no control over the weather and will do our best to remain open.
- We have an outstanding and very affordable concession.
- No Outside Food or Beverages
- Food and Beverages are not allowed into the pool area.
- Please place all trash in the receptacles provided.
- Locks are available for your use on facility lockers. We encourage you to leave valuables at home, but if you have things that you must bring, we encourage you to lock them in one of the facility lockers.
The Johnson Park Youth Center provides a full size multi-purpose gymnasium equipped to support basketball, volleyball, or open play/practice. The gym offers plenty of space for Youth Sports and more. For more information on reservations and facility usage, click here.
The Johnson Park Youth Center offers a climbing wall for recreation and enjoyment. Hours of operation vary and guests interested in more information should contact the Youth Center.
Rules & Policies
- Climbing wall is on a first come first served basis.
- Guests must weigh at least 40 pounds and no more than 250 pounds.
- Guests must have on tennis shoes to climb the wall.
- Guests must stand in the line of the wall they want to climb; the guest will lose their place if they get out of line.
- No cutting or bullying, horseplay is allowed in the lines or on the wall.
- Guests must be assisted by a wall master when putting on a harness and attaching to the wall.
- Climbers may only climb on the lane they are attached to.
- Guests are not allowed to unlatch themselves from the auto belay at any time.
- Guests must follow all instructions from the wall master and assistant for their safety; not following the rules could result in not being able to use the climbing wall.
- All children 75 pounds or less will have to have a rope attached to their harness at all times.
- Guests that are in line must be at least 6 feet away from the wall at all times.