Welcome to the City
Centrally located in the Texas
Panhandle, Borger is 45 miles northeast of Amarillo.
The City of Borger strives to provide responsive,
cost-effective services to enhance the quality of
life for all citizens. Borger maintains 24 parks,
boasts 2 golf courses, and is home to some of the
friendliest people you will ever meet. Our fully-professional
Police and Fire Departments are second to none. We
invite you to explore our city and find out why Borger
truly is the "Gateway to the Texas Plains".
forget to check the PUBLIC NOTICES section
for all of the latest local events.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC OF
HEARING ON TAX INCREASE
The City of Borger will hold two public hearings on a proposal to increase total tax revenues from properties on the tax roll in the preceding tax year by 1.56 percent. Your individual taxes may increase at a greater or lesser rate, or even decrease, depending on the change in the taxable value of your property in relation to the change in taxable value of all other property and the tax rate that is adopted.
The first public hearing will be held on September 5, 2017 @ 6:30 p.m. in the City Council Room of City Hall, 600 N. Main Street, Borger, Texas.
The second public hearing will be held on September 12, 2017 @ 1:30 p.m. in the City Council Room of City Hall, 600 N. Main Street, Borger, Texas.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
OF HEARING BEFORE THE CITY COUNCIL
On Tuesday, September 5th, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. in the City Council Room of City Hall, the City Council will conduct a public hearing on the following:
Proposed FY 2017-2018 City of Borger Operating Budget.
All interested persons are hereby notified.
CITY HALL IS WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE.
ENTRY IS ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE BUILDING.
The Johnson Park Pool opens on Tuesday, May 30, 2017
- Pool opens on Tuesday, May 30, 2017
- Open Monday through Saturday. Closed Sundays.
- Hours - 1 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- Admission - $2.00 per person
- Children under the age of 10 will require adult supervision
Water Conservation Tips:
• Don't water your street, driveway or sidewalk. Position your sprinklers so that your water lands on the lawn and shrubs ... not the paved areas.
• Install sprinklers that are the most water-efficient for each use. Micro and drip irrigation and soaker hoses are examples of water-efficient methods of irrigation.